Bay Breeze Dentistry takes the COVID-19 virus concerns very seriously. We understand folks have varying levels of comfort in coming into the dental practice. We will work with you to get you in as soon as you are comfortable, understanding that we would like you to maintain a routine hygiene schedule.
We continue to adhere to CDC, OSHA, and ADA guidelines to ensure the health and safety of every patient and every member of our practice team. We welcome questions about our protocols for disinfection and sterilization.
We will ask patients to observe a series of safety protocols:
- Office entry will be restricted to patients with appointments only and all escorts must remain in their cars.
- If you have a fever, respiratory symptoms (coughing and sneezing), and/or intestinal symptoms (nausea or diarrhea), we ask that you notify us so that we can arrange to reschedule your visit two weeks after your symptoms are gone or until you test negative for COVID-19 (coronavirus).
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, any appointments should be delayed until you are symptom-free for two weeks.
- If you have been in close contact with anyone with COVID-19 (for example, a family member), any appointments should be delayed until they and you are free of symptoms for two weeks.
- We will take our team’s forehead temperatures at the start of each day and all patients’ forehead temperatures at the start of each appointment. Anyone with a temperature greater than 100 degrees will be sent home.
- All patients are required to wear a face mask in the office. If you do not have one, we will provide one to you.
Thank you to everyone in our community for your continued support and trust in us. Please know that we are doing everything we can to assist you during these unprecedented times. We look forward to seeing you soon! If you have any questions, please call us at 603.610.8765.
Dr. Carmen Santana-Paine